16 March to 22 March 2020
16 March to 22 March 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week’s updated quizzes cover topics such as COVID-19 response fund, virtual G20 summit, impact of Motor Vehicles act, 2019 and the restoration of statehood for J&K among others.
1. The centre will soon restore the statehood of which Union Territory?
d) Daman & Dui
2. Who was recently nominated to the Rajya Sabha by President Ram Nath Kovind?
a) Dipak Misra
b) Jagdish Singh Khehar
c) Ranjan Gogoi
d) SA Bobde
3. Which state recently removed quota in promotion for SC/ST employees?
4. Which nation has initiated the first human trial to evaluate vaccines against COVID-19?
5. The World Bank has increased its COVID-19 response fund to how much amount?
a)USD 14 billion
b)USD 15 billion
c)USD 17 billion
d)USD 20 billion
6. Which team won this year’s Ranji Trophy title?
7. Which nation chaired the first virtual summit of G20 nations?
8. The DAC has approved the procurement of how many Tejas fighter aircraft?
9. According to Union Transport Minister, how much reduction has been reported in accidental deaths after implementation of the new Motor Vehicles act, 2019?
10. The NCC cadets with ‘A’ category will get how many bonus marks in CAPF exams?
1. (a) J&K
Union Minister of Home Affairs, Amit Shah announced recently that Jammu and Kashmir Union Territory’s statehood will be restored soon and there will be no change in the demographics of the region.
2. (c) Ranjan Gogoi
Former Chief Justice of India, Ranjan Gogoi was nominated to the Rajya Sabha by President Ram Nath Kovind on March 16, 2020. He will be filling a seat that was left vacant due to the retirement of senior lawyer KTS Tulsi.
3. (a) Uttarakhand
The Uttarakhand government has removed reservations in promotions for SC/ST employees in state government jobs. Apart from this, the state government has also removed the ban on promotions.
4. (d) US
The United States has initiated the first human trial of the COVID-19 vaccine in Seattle. The trial will be carried out on 45 healthy adult volunteers, aged between 18 to 55 years, across approximately 6 weeks. The first volunteer received the vaccine on March 16.
5. (a) USD 14 billion
The World Bank has increased its COVID-19 response funding USD 14 billion from earlier 12 billion. The fund will support the efforts put in by countries across the world to stop the rapid spread of COVID-19 pandemic.
6. (c) Saurashtra
Saurashtra created history on March 13, 2020 by clinching their maiden Ranji Trophy title after beating Bengal in the title clash. This is the team’s first-ever title in the last 70 years.
7. (a) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia recently chaired a virtual summit of the G20 nations, a first for the Group. The key aim was to bring together leaders of the G20 economies to discuss the current situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Defence Acquisition Council has approved the proposal to procure 83 indigenously-made Tejas fighter aircraft for the Indian Air Force. The move is expected to give a huge boost to India’s ‘Make in India’ campaign.
9.(c) 10 percent
According to the Union Transport Minister, Nitin Gadkari, there has been a 10 percent reduction in accidental deaths since the implementation of the new Motor Vehicles act, 2019.
10.(d) 2 percent
The NCC cadet with ‘A’ certificate will get 2 percent of maximum marks as bonus marks in the direct recruitment examinations of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPFs).