24 February to 1 March 2020
24 February to 1 March 2020: Jagran Josh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise at ease with Current Affairs Quizzes section. The week’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Delhi Police Commissioner, GISAT-1 launch and Happiness Curriculum among others.
1. Who among the following was recently named as the next Police Commissioner of Delhi?
a) SN Shrivastava
b) Amit Pradhan
c) Devendra Nath
d) SK Chaturvedi
2. India has been ranked at which position in the list of world’s largest economies, as per IMF data?
3. When is ISRO scheduled to launch its Geo Imaging Satellite- GISAT-1?
a) March 1st
b) February 29th
c) March 5th
d) April 30th
4. A special Air India flight brought back 119 Indian stranded aboard which among the following cruise ships?
a) Viking Star
b) Crystal Serenity
c) Diamond Princess
d) Seabourn Muse
5. How many seats are going to polls in Rajya Sabha elections 2020?
6. India has signed defence deals worth $3 billion with which nation?
7. Which year was the Happiness Curriculum launched?
8. Which five-time Grand Slam champion recently announced her retirement from tennis at the age of 32?
a) Anna Kournikova
b) Elena Dementieva
c) Dinara Safiana
d) Maria Sharapova
9. Late Egyptian President, Hosni Mubarak had ruled the nation for how many years before being ousted in 2011 as a part of Arab Spring revolution?
a) 40 years
b) 50 years
c) 38 years
d) 30 years
10. Which among the following warning systems will predict swell surges?
1. (a) SN Shrivastava
The Ministry of Home Affairs has issued an order to appoint SN Shrivastava as the next Police Commissioner of Delhi. He is 1985 batch IPS officer.
2. (b) Fifth
India has jumped two spots to become the world’s 5th largest economy, overtaking France and the United Kingdom, as per IMF’s October World Economic Outlook. India had previously dropped to the seventh position in 2018 following a major slowdown in economic growth.
3. (c) March 5th
The Geo Imaging Satellite- GISAT-1 will be launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation on March 5, 2020. The satellite will enable real-time observation of India at frequent intervals.
4. (c) Diamond Princess
Air India has brought back 119 Indians stranded aboard the luxury cruise ship- Diamond Princess-in the Port of Yokohama in Japan. The cruise liner has been quarantined since February 3, 2020 after a passenger who had disembarked in Hong Kong was tested positive of COVID-19 virus.
5. (a) 55
The Rajya Sabha Elections 2020 will take place for 55 seats on March 26, 2020. The term of 55 Rajya MPs is due to end in April 2020.
6. (c) US
India has signed defence deals worth $3 billion with the United States. India will be purchasing advanced military equipment from the US including MH-60 Romeo and Apache helicopters. India and the US are also working to finalise a comprehensive trade agreement.
7. (d) 2018
The Happiness Curriculum was launched in 2018 by the AAP-led Delhi Government. The scheme aims to reinvent the school education model in Delhi Government Schools and promote development of cognition, language, literacy, numeracy and arts among children, which will in turn boost their mental growth and well-being.
8. (d) Maria Sharapova
Five-time Grand Slam champion Maria Sharapova bid adieu to tennis at the age of 32 on February 26, 2020. Maria Sharapova is currently ranked 369. She won her first Grand Slam title – Wimbledon in 2004 at the age of 17.
9. (d) 30 years
Former President Hosni Mubarak had ruled Egypt for 30 years, from October 1981 till February 2011, when he was forced to step down due to the Arab Spring protests. He passed away at the age of 91 years on February 25, 2020.
10. (c) SSFS
The swell surge forecast system (SSFS) has been created to forewarn regarding swell surges, which cause major damage to coastal regions in India, especially the western coast. The swell waves are like flash floods, which cause damage to the boats and nets of the fishermen.