Current Affairs Quiz: 11 March 2020
11 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as COVID-19 virus update, BBC India ‘Sports Woman of the Year’ Award and CISF foundation day among others.
1. Which nation’s Health Minister has been tested positive for COVID-19 virus?
b) South Korea
2. Which country witnessed the swearing in of two Presidents on March 10, 2020?
a) Sri Lanka
3. Which Indian badminton player recently won the BBC India ‘Sports Woman of the Year’ Award?
a) PV Sindhu
b) Rituparna Das
c) Lalita Dahiya
d) Jwala Gutta
4. Who among the following has become the richest man in Asia?
a) Jack Ma
b) Virat Kohli
c) Aditya Birla
d) Anil Ambani
5. Which of the following states has decided to keep all cinema theaters closed till 31st March due to Coronavirus outbreak?
6. When is the Foundation Day of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) observed in India?
a) 9th March
b) 10th March
c) 11th March
d) 12th March
7. Which among the following senior Congress leaders joined the BJP on March 11, 2020?
a) Digvijay Singh
b) Sachin Pilot
c) Jyotiraditya Scindia
d) Anurag Thakur
8. Which state has suspended the entry of foreigners amid Corona virus scare?
a) Uttar Pradesh
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Arunachal Pradesh
1. (c) UK
UK’s Health Minister, Nadine Dorries tested positive for COVID-19 virus recently. The Minister had begun showing symptoms of the virus while signing a legislation regarding the outbreak on March 6. She is the first UK Parliamentarian to have been infected by the deadly virus.
2. (d) Afghanistan
Afghanistan saw double swearing-in on March 10, 2020 with incumbent President Ashraf Ghani sworn in for a second term and his rival Abdullah Abdullah also sworn in a parallel inauguration.
3. (a) PV Sindhu
Indian badminton player PV Sindhu has been voted as the BBC Indian Sports Woman of the Year 2019. PV Sindhu won the badminton world championship in Switzerland last year. She became the first Indian woman player to do so.
4. (a) Jack Ma
Mukesh Ambani, Chairman of Reliance Industries Ltd, has lost the crown of Asia’s richest man as RIL has faced a sharp drop in share prices. Now, Jack Ma, co-founder and former executive chairman of Alibaba Group, is the richest man in Asia.
5. (d) Kerala
Kerala Government has decided to keep all the cinema theaters closed from March 11-31, 2020. This decision has been taken at a meeting of cinema organizations in Kochi to stop spread of novel coronavirus. The state has reported 17 confirmed cases as of March 11.
6. (b) 10 March
The CISF was established on March 10, 1969 in India under the CISF Act, 1968. Therefore, the Foundation Day of the Central Industrial Security Force is observed every year on 10 March in India.
7. (c) Jyotiraditya Scindia
Former Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia formally joined the Bharatiya Janata Party in the presence of BJP President J P Nadda on March 11, 2020. He had officially resigned from the Indian National Congress on March 9 after serving the party for nearly 18 years. He had joined the party in December 2001.
8. (c) Arunachal Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh has suspended the entry of foreigners amid the rising threat of coronavirus in India. The state government has stopped issuing the Protected Area Permit to foreigners.