Current Affairs Quiz: 12 March 2020
12 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as SIPRI Arms Export list, COVID-19 pandemic and World Golf Hall of Fame among others.
1. The World Health Organisation (WHO) recently categorized Coronavirus as which of the following?
2. Who among the following will be inducted in World Golf Hall of Fame as the first member of the Class of 2021?
a) Justin Thomas
b) Paul Casey
c) Gary Woodland
d) Tiger Woods
3. Which state/ UT has ordered the closure of schools and cinema halls till March 31 in wake of coronavirus outbreak?
4. Which state government has approved the implementation of “happy hour” for autorickshaws?
c) Uttar Pradesh
5. Which state signed a loan agreement worth $80 million with the World Bank to increase agricultural productivity and improve water management?
d) Himachal Pradesh
6. Which state’s assembly has approved a bill on caste validity certificate?
a) Uttar Pradesh
d) Madhya Pradesh
7. Which player, known as Tendulkar of domestic cricket, recently announced his retirement from all formats of cricket?
a) Ajit Rahane
b) Wasim Jaffer
c) Subodh Kant
d) Amresh Sahay
8. What is India’s rank in recently released SIPRI Arms Export list?
9. Infosys has signed an agreement with which company to develop smart services in India?
10. Which country’s parliament recently passed a resolution that allows the President of that country to be in the office till 2036?
a) North Korea
1. (a) Pandemic
The World Health Organization declared COVID-19 a global pandemic on March 11, 2020, triggering global travel bans. The deadly Covid-19 virus has rapidly spread to more than 121,000 people in over 114 countries across the world.
2. (d) Tiger Woods
The World Golf Hall of Fame would be inducting 82-time PGA TOUR winner Tiger Woods as part of its Class of 2021. The announcement was made on March 11, 2020. Only those players get this honor who have secured at least 15 wins on approved PGA tours. However, earlier one needed to be 50 years of age to be inducted but now the age restriction has been relaxed to 45 years.
3. (d) Delhi
The Delhi government has invoked the Epidemic Diseases Act, 1897 and ordered the closure of all schools, colleges that are not conducting exams till March 31, 2020. All cinema halls will also be closed till the date.
4. (b) Maharashtra
The state government of Maharashtra has approved the new “happy hour” concept for the autorickshaws. Under the proposal, the fares of autos will be slashed by 15 percent between 12-4 pm. The decision will not apply to local taxis and app-based taxis.
5. (d) Himachal Pradesh
The Himachal Pradesh government along with the Centre signed a loan agreement worth $80 million with the World Bank to boost agricultural productivity and improve water management practices in select gram panchayats.
6. (c) Maharashtra
The state assembly of Maharashtra has approved a bill that exempts gram panchayat election candidates from submitting their caste validity certificates at the time of filing of the nominations. The candidates can submit the certificates within a year after winning the gram panchayat elections.
7. (b) Wasim Jaffer
Wasim Jaffer, known as Tendulkar of domestic cricket in India, recently announced his retirement from all formats of cricket. Wasim Jaffer made his debut in first-class cricket in 1996-97.
8. (a) 23rd
India has been included in SIPRI’s list of global arms exporters for the first time. India was ranked 23rd in terms of arms exports, but the government’s move to boost arms sales abroad is likely to improve India’s ranking in terms of arms exports in the coming years.
9. (c) Qualcomm
Infosys and Qualcomm recently signed an agreement to develop smart city solutions in India. Infosys is an Indian software major while Qualcomm is a US-based chipmaker.
10. (d) Russia
Russia’s lower house Duma has approved a proposal that could extend Putin’s tenure for two more terms. Now, he can remain the President of the country until the year 2036.