Current Affairs Quiz: 13 March 2020
13 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as World Sleep Day, Animal Protection Index 2020 and Dearness Allowance hike among others.
1. When is World Sleep Day 2020 celebrated across the globe?
a) 10th March
b) 11th March
c) 12th March
d) 13th March
2. India got which rank in the Animal Protection Index 2020?
3. What is India’s rank in Inclusive Internet Index 2020?
4. When is the last date to submit interest bids to buy Air India stakes?
a) March 31st
b) April 1st
c) April 30th
d) April 15th
5. The Cabinet has approved how much hike in the Dearness Allowance?
a) 4 percent
b) 5 percent
c) 6 percent
d) 5.5 percent
6. Which state government will be deputing ”Arogya Mitras” at all primary health centres?
d) Uttar Pradesh
7. What is the name of Facebook’s CSR initiative in India?
8. What is the helpline number issued by the central government in view of the corona virus?
9. Which political leader’s preventive detention order was revoked by Jammu and Kashmir administration on March 13, 2020?
a) Farukh Abdullah
b) Omar Abdullah
c) Mehbooba Mufti
d) None of the Above
10. Team India will face which team in its first international match that will be played without an audience?
b) South Africa
d) New Zealand
1. (d) 13 March
The World Sleep Day was celebrated on March 13, 2020. The first-ever World Sleep Day was observed on March 14, 2008. This day highlights the benefits of sleep for human body.
2. (b) C
India got ‘C’ ranking in the Animal Protection Index 2020 along with other countries like Spain, New Zealand, France and Mexico. India is the first Asian country to ban the import of cosmetic products that were tested on animals. India had banned the use of cosmetic products on animals in 2013.
3. (b) 46
India was ranked 46th in the Inclusive Internet Index 2020 released by the Economist Intelligence Unit, while Pakistan is ranked 76th. This list includes 100 countries of the world.
4. (c) April 30th
The Union Government has revised the deadline to submit interest bids to buy 100 percent stake in Air India to April 30, 2020. The previous deadline was March 17.
5. (a) 4 percent
The Union Government has approved 4 percent hike in Dearness Allowance (DA) provided to about 48 lakh central government employees and Dearness Relief provided to about 65 lakh pensioners. The hike will be applicable from January 1, 2020.
6. (d) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh state government has launched three schemes to enable skill development and employment generation for the youth in the state. The state will also be deploying ”Arogya Mitras” at all primary health centres to make people aware about the government health schemes.
7. (b) Pragati
Facebook has recently launched Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) initiative in India called ‘Pragati’. The purpose of this initiative is to promote women entrepreneurship in India.
8. (a) 011-23978046
The Government of India has released a helpline for the coronavirus after the cases coming from different states in India. The World Health Organization (WHO) has already declared it a pandemic.
9. (a) Farukh Abdullah
Former J&K Chief Minister Farooq Abdullah’s preventive detention order was revoked by the Jammu and Kashmir administration on March 13, 2020. He was kept under preventive detention since August 5, 2019 when the special status of the state was withdrawn by the centre.
10. (b) South Africa
The second ODI between India and South Africa to be held in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh will be the first international match to be played without an audience. The third ODI to be played in Eden Gardens will also be played in an empty stadium.