Current Affairs Quiz: 25 February 2020
25 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Rajya Sabha Elections 2020, first anniversary of National War Memorial and Hosni Mubarak among others.
1. Veteran political figure, Hosni Mubarak passed away at the age of 91 on February 25. He had served as the President of which among the following nations?
2. When will the biennial elections for Rajya Sabha be held in 2020?
a) March 26th
b) April 2nd
c) May 30th
d) April 29th
3. How many seats are going to polls in Rajya Sabha elections 2020?
4. India has signed defence deals worth $3 billion with which nation?
5. This Buddhist monk from Vietnam, who passed away on February 22, was kept under house arrest since 2003 for his vocal advocacy for democracy.
a) Siang Chang
b) Che Sang Di
c) Huan Ki Sun
d) Thich Quang Do
6. The ICC has banned Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi from all forms of cricket for 7 years. He represented which nation?
7. When did India observe the first anniversary of National War Memorial?
a) February 23rd
b) February 25th
c) February 24th
d) February 22nd
8. Which year was the Happiness Curriculum launched?
1. (c) Egypt
Former President of Egypt, Hosni Mubarak passed away at the age of 91 years on February 25, 2020. Mubarak, who had ruled Egypt for almost 30 years was ousted from power during the 2011 Arab Spring revolution.
2. (a) March 26th
The biennial elections for Rajya Sabha are scheduled to take place on March 26, 2020. The elections will be conducted for 55 seats from 17 states to fill up the seats of members retiring in April. The elections to the Rajya Sabha are indirect.
3. (a) 55
The Rajya Sabha Elections 2020 will take place for 55 seats on March 26, 2020. The term of 55 Rajya MPs is due to end in April 2020.
4. (c) US
India has signed defence deals worth $3 billion with the United States. India will be purchasing advanced military equipment from the US including MH-60 Romeo and Apache helicopters. India and the US are also working to finalise a comprehensive trade agreement.
5. (d) Thich Quang Do
Vietnam’s dissident Buddhist monk, Thich Quang Do, who was placed under house arrest since 2003, passed away on February 22, 2020. He was 93. Thich Quang Do was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize multiple times for being a vocal advocate of democracy in Vietnam.
6. (b) Oman
The International Cricket Council has imposed a seven-year ban on Omani cricketer, Yousuf Abdulrahim Al Balushi. Al Balushi was banned from all forms of cricket after he was found guilty of being involved in match fixing. The Omani cricketer accepted all four charges of breaching ICC’s Anti-Corruption Code.
7. (b) February 25th
The first anniversary of the National War Memorial was observed on February 25, 2020. On the occasion, India’s first Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat honoured the fallen soldiers along with veterans from all three wings of the armed forces.
8. (d) 2018
The Happiness Curriculum was launched in 2018 by the AAP-led Delhi Government. The scheme aims to reinvent the school education model in Delhi Government Schools and promote development of cognition, language, literacy, numeracy and arts among children, which will in turn boost their mental growth and well-being.