Current Affairs Quiz: 26 February 2020
26 February 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as GISAT-1 launch, first anniversary of Balakot attack and Indra Dhanush Exercise 2020 among others.
1. When was the first anniversary of the Balakot air strikes observed?
a) February 26th
b) February 25th
c) February 27th
d) February 28th
2. When is ISRO scheduled to launch its Geo Imaging Satellite- GISAT-1?
a) March 1st
b) February 29th
c) March 5th
d) April 30th
3. In a new travel advisory, India has advised Indians to avoid travelling to which three nations?
a) France, Bahrain and Egypt
b) Bangladesh, Pakistan and Nepal
c) US, UK and Japan
d) Italy, Iran and Republic of Korea
4. Late Egyptian President, Hosni Mubarak had ruled the nation for how many years before being ousted in 2011 as a part of Arab Spring revolution?
a) 40 years
b) 50 years
c) 38 years
d) 30 years
5. Which among the following warning systems will predict swell surges?
6. The shooting and archery events of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 will be held in which Indian city?
c) New Delhi
7. Which nation participated in Indra Dhanush Exercise 2020 along with India?
8. Which nation has formally withdrawn from co-sponsoring UNHRC resolution on war crimes?
b) Sri Lanka
1. (a) February 26th
The first anniversary of the Balakot air strikes was observed on February 26, 2020. The IAF-led operation mainly targeted the biggest Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM) camp in Balakot, which is located in Pakistan’s Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. The attack was carried out in response to the deadly Pulwama attack on February 14, 2020.
2. (c) March 5th
The Geo Imaging Satellite- GISAT-1 will be launched by the Indian Space Research Organisation on March 5, 2020. The satellite will enable real-time observation of India at frequent intervals.
3. (d) Italy, Iran and Republic of Korea
The Union Government issued a new travel advisory on February 26, 2020, advising Indians to avoid all non-essential travel to three more nations- Iran, Italy and the Republic of Korea.
4. (d) 30 years
Former President Hosni Mubarak had ruled Egypt for 30 years, from October 1981 till February 2011, when he was forced to step down due to the Arab Spring protests. He passed away at the age of 91 years on February 25, 2020.
5. (c) SSFS
The swell surge forecast system (SSFS) has been created to forewarn regarding swell surges, which cause major damage to coastal regions in India, especially the western coast. The swell waves are like flash floods, which cause damage to the boats and nets of the fishermen.
6. (a) Chandigarh
The shooting and archery events of the Birmingham Commonwealth Games 2022 will be held in Chandigarh. Punjab Sports Minister Rana Gurmeet Singh Sodhi made the announcement during the question hour session in the Punjab Vidhan Sabha on February 25, 2020.
7. (c) UK
The 5th edition of the Indra Dhanush Exercise began on February 24, 2020 between the Indian Air Force and the Royal Air Force of the United Kingdom. The main focus of the exercise was “Base Defence and Force Protection”. There were 36 specialized combatants from the Royal Air Force and 42 combatants of the Garud Commando Force.
8. (b) Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka has formally announced its decision to withdraw from co-sponsoring UNHRC resolution on addressing war crimes and accountability issues.