Current Affairs Quiz: 4 March 2020
4 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as 61st Lalit Kala Akademi awards, women’s T20 International batting rankings and new BCCI selection committee chairman among others.
1. Western Railways has announced how much bonus for every recharge to R-Wallet till August 24, 2020?
a) 10 percent
b) 15 percent
c) 5 percent
d) 7 percent
2. The World Bank has announced how much aid package to help countries combat coronavirus outbreak?
a) USD 10 million
b) USD 12 billion
c) USD 10 billion
d) USD 90 million
3. How many artists were honoured with the annual Lalit Kala Akademi award by President Ram Nath Kovind on March 4, 2020?
4. Which Indian women cricketer has topped the latest women’s T20 International batting rankings?
a) Poonam Yadav
b) Deepti Sharma
c) Smriti Mandhan
d) Shafali Verma
5. Who among the following Indian-Americans has been named as a key member of the coronavirus task force in the US?
a) Harpreet Singh Sandhu
b) Seema Verma
c) Nikki Haley
d) Ajit Pai
6. Who has been newly appointed as BCCI’s selection committee chairman?
a) Vinod Kambli
b) Javagal Srinath
c) Sunil Joshi
d) Atul Wassan
7. Which court lifted RBI’s ban on trading in virtual currencies?
a) Supreme Court
b) Delhi HC
c) Allahabad HC
d) Bombay HC
8. India celebrated Janaushadhi Week 2020 on which of the following dates?
a) 25th February to 2nd March
b) 28th February to 5th March
c) 1st March to 7th March
d) 2nd March to 8th March
1. (c) 5 percent
Western Railways has announced a 5 percent bonus for every recharge to R-Wallet until August 24, 2020. The move is aimed at promoting mobile ticketing.
2. (b) 12 billion
The World Bank has unveiled an aid package worth USD 12 billion to help countries combat the coronavirus outbreak. The main aim is to provide fast and effective action to fight the virus. The funds can be used for getting the required medical equipment and health services. According to World Bank President David Malpass, the money will go to countries that request for help.
3. (a) 15
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred the 61st annual Lalit Kala Akademi’s awards upon 15 artists at the Rashtrapati Bhavan on March 4, 2020. The award aims to recognize individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the field of art.
4. (d) Shafali Verma
Shafali Verma has been ranked at the top in the latest ICC women’s T20 International batting rankings. The 16-year-old is the only second Indian woman cricketer after Mithali Raj to top the women’s T20 International rankings.
5. (b) Seema Verma
Seema Verma, who is the first Indian-American female administrator of the US Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, has been appointed as one of the key members in the coronavirus task force set up by President Donald Trump’s administration.
6. (c) Sunil Joshi
Former Indian spinner Sunil Joshi has been named as the chairman of BCCI’s national selection panel. He was appointed by the BCCI’s Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) in Mumbai on March 4, 2020. The CAC comprises RP Singh, Madan Lal and Sulakshana Naik. Former Indian pacer Harvinder Singh was also included in the five-member committee.
7. (a) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court in a recent ruling allowed trading in virtual currencies such as Bitcoin, lifting the ban imposed by RBI in 2018. The RBI had imposed restrictions on the banks from facilitating banking transactions for virtual currency exchanges and traders.
8. (c) 1st March to 7th March
The Janaushadhi week 2020 is being observed in India from 1st to 7th March 2020. To mark the event, the Government has so far distributed over 50,000 Suvidha Sanitary Napkin packets free of cost.