Current Affairs Quiz: 9 March 2020
9 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Chandrayaan-3 launch, Poshan Abhiyan and coronavirus updates among others.
1. Chalasani Venkat Nageswar has been given the additional charge of deputy MD and CFO of which leading bank?
2. When is the launch of Chandrayaan-3 expected?
a) Second half of 2020
b) Second half of 2021
c) First half of 2021
d) First half of 2022
3. The Union Government has proposed to create how many Self Help Groups by 2022 to support women to earn livelihood?
a) 50 lakh
b) 30 lakh
c) 75 lakh
d) 80 lakh
4. The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization has lowered the interest rate on deposits to how much for the current fiscal year (2019-20)?
a) 9 percent
b) 8 percent
c) 7.5 percent
d) 8.5 percent
5. Which state ranked 1st in the country for overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyan?
a) Andhra Pradesh
6. Which country has recorded second highest Covid-19 death toll in world after China?
a) South Korea
7. Which nation has introduced a motion to launch an inquiry into gender discrimination on International Women’s day?
8. Which among the following nations has been accused of firing three projectiles on March 9, 2020?
a) North Korea
d) South Korea
1. (b) SBI
Chalasani Venkat Nageswar, who is the deputy MD of International Banking Group, has been given the additional charge of deputy managing director and chief financial officer (CFO) of the State Bank of India (SBI).
2. (c) First half of 2021
Chandrayaan-3 is expected to be launched in the first half of 2021. This was revealed by Union Minister Jitendra Singh in a written response to a question in Lok Sabha. This indicates that there might be a slight delay in the launch of the third moon mission.
3. (c) 75 lakh
The central government has proposed to create 75 lakh Self Help Groups by 2022 to support more women to earn livelihood. The Rural Development Minister Narendra Singh Tomar made the announcement while addressing a programme on Women’s Empowerment to mark theInternational Women’s Day in New Delhi.
4. (d) 8.5 percent
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has lowered the interest rate on provident fund deposits to 8.5 per cent for the current fiscal year, 2019-20 from earlier 8.65 percent. This was announced by Labour Minister Santosh Gangwar after the meeting of the EPFO apex decision making body – the Central Board of Trustee.
5. (a) Andhra Pradesh
Andhra Pradesh ranks first in the country for overall implementation of Poshan Abhiyan, according to Niti Aayog’s latest report. As a part of the programme, the state has trained all Angan Wadi Workers on modules created based on lifecycle approach- first 1000 days of life with the support of incremental learning Approach (ILA). The state has also given smart phones to all 55,607 angan wadi workers to improve service delivery and for day-to-day reporting.
6. (d) Italy
As of March 9, 2020, Italy with 366 deaths has reported the second highest COVID-19 death toll in the world after China. The number of fatalities has nearly tripled in the nation, with most deaths in Italy’s wealthy north region. The nation with a total of 7,300 confirmed cases has overtaken South Korea in the number of infections. South Korea currently has over 7,000 cases.
7. (b) Maldives
The Parliament of Maldives on March 8, 2020 introduced a motion to launch an inquiry into systemic gender discrimination on the occasion of International Women’s day. The motion seeks to identify policies, laws and systems that are detrimental to women.
8. (a) North Korea
South Korea’s military claims that North Korea fired three projectiles on March 9, 2020. This is reportedly North Korea’s second weapons test in a week. It comes a week after it launched two short-range ballistic missiles.