Important Current Affairs 5th February 2020
Dear Aspirants, Here is the Daily current Affairs Section where you will get daily current affairs for your competitive examination.
Here is the Current affairs for the 5th February 2020. Please Bookmark SarkariPosting.com for Latest Job News and study Material.
India’s biggest rural technical festival ‘Antahpragnya 2020’ held in Telangana
• Collector of Nirmal inaugurated National Level India’s Biggest Rural Technical Festival titled Antahpragnya 2020 in the state of Telangana at Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies-Basar (RGUKT-Basar).
• Rural areas cannot afford to miss the development bus. Most of the developments in the two lakh years have taken place in the last century.
• The fest showcases 300 prototypes, working models, exhibits and technologies such as automatic switch for water, homemade electricity, smoke absorber, automatic street lighting system, smart dustbins, zero budget farming, automatic irrigation and others.
India hosts Defence dialogue between India and South Korea
• Ministerial-level Defence dialogue between India and South Korea was held in New Delhi today. Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Minister of National Defence of South Korea Jeong Kyeong-doo held the meeting.
• The theme of DefExpo-2020 in Lucknow is ‘Digital Transformation of Defence’ and India and South Korea recognize the influence of Artificial Intelligence and digital technology in defence sector.
Indian Government unveils new vaccine to control classical swine fever
• The government of India unveiled a new indigenously developed vaccine for controlling classical swine fever (CSF). CSF is a highly contagious fatal pig disease.
• The new vaccine, developed by Uttar Pradesh-based Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR)-Indian Veterinary Research Institute (IVRI), will be much cheaper than the existing one.
Banking and Economy
Union Cabinet Approves Amendments to Banking Regulation Act to regulate co-operative banks
• The Union Cabinet has given its approval to bring cooperative banks under the regulatory mechanism of Reserve Bank of India.
• The cabinet approved amendments to the Banking Regulation Act on February 5, 2020, thus allowing multi-state cooperative banks to come under the regulation of the RBI.
• The announcement was made by Information and Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadkar after a cabinet meeting.
• The 1,540 cooperative banks with 8.6 crore depositors’ money, with around Rs. 5 lakh crore deposits in the country and the proposed amendment will protect the depositors.
• The Banking Regulation Act, 1949 is legislation in India that regulates all banking firms.
- Shaktikanta Das is the 25th governor of the Reserve Bank of India.
Union Govt plans to raise funds through LIC IPO
• Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman that union government plans to sell a partial stake in LIC through IPO or an initial public offer.
• The union budget she proposed that the government will sell its stake in IDBI Bank to private investors and also amend the Banking Regulation Act to strengthen co-op banks.
• The finance minister that the deposit insurance coverage against bank failure will be increased to Rs 5 lakh from Rs 1 lakh.
• She proposed to expand exchange-traded funds by floating a Debt ETF, consisting primarily of government securities.
LIC: Life Insurance Corporation of India is an Indian state-owned insurance group and investment corporation owned by the Government of India. The Life Insurance Corporation of India was founded in 1956 when the Parliament of India passed the Life Insurance of India Act that nationalised the insurance industry in India.
Owner: Government of India (100%)
Founder: Government of India
Founded: 1 September 1956
Vinod Shukla bags first Mathribhumi Book of the Year award
• Noted Hindi poet-novelist and Sahitya Academy honouree Vinod Kumar Shukla has bagged the inaugural Mathribhumi Book of the Year award for his translated book “Blue Is Like Blue“.
• The stories in “Blue Is Like Blue”, translated into English by Arvind Krishna Mehrotra and Sara Rai, deal with common people and their daily struggles.
Veteran Odia poet Rabi Singh passes away
• Renowned Odia poet Rabi Singh passed away. He was 89.
• The revolutionary poet had received many awards for his contribution to Odia literature.
• He received Atibadi Jagannath Das Samman in the year 2017.
Sourav Ganguly will be the ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ of India in the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020
• The recently appointed BCCI President, Sourav Ganguly has been invited by the Indian Olympic Association to be the ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ of India in the Tokyo Olympic Games 2020.
• Sourav Ganguly, known in his hometown as the Prince of Calcutta is one of the most respected sports icons in the entire country
Amitabh Bhatt the New CEO (Bangalore Complex) at HAL
• Amitabh Bhatt has taken over as Chief Executive Officer of Bengaluru-headquartered safeguard PSU, Hindustan Aeronautics Limited’s Bangalore Complex.
• Prior, he was serving as Executive Director of Light Utility Helicopter (LUH) venture in HAL.
• Bhatt is a Post Graduate in Management and earlier served in SKF India Limited for a long time before joining Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.